Pride Tee Shirt Design Contest – Call for Entries
Stonewall Columbus is pleased to announce that we are now accepting designs for the 2010 Pride volunteer shirts worn by over 300 pride volunteers. The selected tee shirt design will be worn by over 300 volunteers and seen by nearly 200,000 people. Stonewall Columbus encourages creative minds in our community to submit their designs.
Last day to submit work: Friday, April 30, 2010
Maximum of 3 entries per person
- The winner and a friend will receive VIP passes for Pride!
- Winning design will be seen by nearly 200,000 people!
- Winner will have a major design to add to your portfolio!
- Winning work will receive media exposure!
Colors: Be aware that the tee shirt design will be printed in one color and the shirt will be a different color (i.e. black imprint on green shirt). You may choose both the imprint and shirt color for your design.
This contest is for the design of the front portion of the t-shirts only. The back of the tee shirt is reserved for our sponsor logos. The theme of this year’s pride is “Celebrate Our Families.” Your design must include the words “Volunteer” and either the Stonewall Columbus logo or the Pride Logo. Although not required, when designing the tee shirt you may include designs that fit the theme of Pride 2010: Celebrate Our Families.
- Strive for eye-catching and creative, but also wearable and practical. Something that will inspire.
- Because of stringent graphic standards requirements, do not use the logos of any other organization in your design.
- Designs must fit the front portion of the tee shirt body. Do not include designs for the back, sleeve, etc.
- You may choose to sign your work.
- Designs should be initially submitted as JPEG, GIF, and PDF file types along with name, email address, phone number and a short description of the concept. If selected as a finalist, you must re-submit the design in one of these formats: .EPS, .PSD, .AI, or .INDD
- You may enter a maximum of 3 designs.
- Judging will be done anonymously and designs will be selected on the basis of content, creativity and design quality.
- Winner will receive a copy of the t-shirt.
Submitting your design
Please submit your design via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the work attached. All attachments must be in Adobe PDF, GIF, or JPEG format.
Before you submit your design, make sure you have
- Attached your design (that meets parameters above)
- Have noted the shirt color preferred for your design
- Considered becoming a Stonewall Columbus/Pride 2010 Volunteer
- Have fun at Pride 2010!
Contest submissions will be assessed on content, creativity and design quality. A panel of youth and adult volunteers will judge contest entries. Submissions must fit all the guidelines stated.
The contest is open to anyone. Participation is free of charge. In submitting an entry, you acknowledge that the tee shirt design you have submitted is your own original work, has not been previously published, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party.
If your tee shirt design is selected for use by Stonewall Columbus, you acknowledge that you assign to Stonewall Columbus the entire right, title, and interest in and to the copyright in your design. If your design is selected, you will receive the incentives listed above. Stonewall Columbus may use your design in any manner, including but not limited to: reproducing the design, selling items bearing the design, changing or reworking the design by making color or size changes, making derivative works of the design, using the design on any Stonewall Columbus websites and on promotional material.
Personal data supplied for participation will be used solely for the purpose of the competition. Participants consent to the use of their names and likeness in association with this contest and Stonewall Columbus communication.
More Info/Contact Information
If you have any questions please contact:
About Stonewall Columbus
Stonewall Columbus serves the Central Ohio LGBT community by providing a community center and offering programming and services that enhance the well-being and visibility of our diverse community through discovery, affirmation and celebration.